Sign in to follow this  
Guest bstikkel

Possible to create invisible Autogen level for upon the visible layer?

Guest bstikkel

Hello all,Is it not possible to change the default autogen textures in such a manner, that only the autogen indications on it will stay and the rest of the texture will be invisible (shining throug, so you can see the photo-textures) ?Thanks for your replies.Bram Stikkel

Not sure what you're hinting at here Bram, but if you mean the airport taxiways, runways and such they cannot be disabled as they are not controlled by the Autogen slider.

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest bstikkel

Sorry for being so 'misty'. I actually was trying to think of a way to use the autogen scenery (trees, buildings, an such) in combination with the TileProxy textures.I was thinking, if you make the default textures blank - invisible like a windshield - but leave intact the indications for where an autogen tree or house should pop up, mayby this could be used as a layer above the tileproxy layer.But mayby this idear is total nonsense, because it is impossible to have more than one texture-layer?Thanks for any reaction,Greetings,Bram

Christian has discussed it's "do-ability" but it would require getting the .agn files to render autogen above the TP map textures according to what default texture SHOULD be in that location and would likely involve a lot of programming to make it work in TP. The inherent problem is that the autogen likely wont line up well with satellite and arial textures. The buildings in the cities for instance would probably look awful because of the mismatch, but areas that are are mostly forested might actually look OK so long as the environmental landclass that originally mapped the vegetation for those areas was relatively accurate. Maybe in a future release of TP there can be an option for it. I think, at this point, for most TP users this is lower priority issue than that of improving tile loading speeds, etc.

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest bstikkel

I see what you mean. Thanks for explaining it to me.Needless to say, or as a matter of fact very important to say: It is a great ulitity you created, Christian! Thanks for letting us enjoy it!Greetings,Bram Stikkel :-wave