Sign in to follow this  
Arista

Missing areas

Christian, I think you have forgotten the BGL covering the western part of the Tampa Bay, Florida, area. More specifically, I'm missing the 2522 file in the 0302 folder.

Guest cbuchner1

uh... now that report comes in just after I uploaded the March 12 release to the server. ;-(This update fixes the gray bands that cover the entire globe because of an authoring error in the BGLs. This was first reported in September 2007 - not sure if it applies to FS 2004 only or FSX as well. The gray bands were caused by landclass definitions of type 255 ("invalid") at the eastern and southern edges of each BGL tile. This has been FIXED. It would have affected the simulator also when running in standard scenery, i.e. without Tileproxy active.Also I made sure that light maps do not replace/displace terrain texture tiles in the preloaded LOD circles.

Guest cbuchner1

Overall, let me conclude that I fixed this bug a bit faster than Microsoft fixes most security holes ;)So according to this schedule, your missing area should be available in... 2009. Just kidding, of course.Christian

I'm sorry to tell you I just discovered another missing area: 01021418. That's a tiny bit of Mendocino County, California, around Little River (O48). Hopefully, this report is in time for the 2009 release... ;)

Guest cbuchner1

Unfortunately my "fix" causes light maps to load incredibly slowly on Quad Core PCs... So I guess I will have to provide the two missing areas and the "fix for the lightmap fix" with the next update ;)

I found another one: 02022223. This one contains a really small part of the El Mezquite islands, Mexico, which separate the Laguna Madre from the Golf of Mexico. There doesn't seem to be decent coverage for this area anyway, though. Apart from that, I can confirm that the 0202 region is complete.