Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Alex G

Problem Radius?

Hi everybody ;)I have a problem with the new tyleproxy v7 with the "lod radius" ( i think) , it is very small in games , and with the beta 6, when i started the game, i didn't have this problem (distance of tiles).I tried radius at small , medium and big ( same problem )I tried new install FSX and SP1 ( same problem )I have a big connection , ( no problem 8 MB)Tileproxy load correctly the tiles but , i have just this problem with the distance ( radius of tile) ( around the plane)Resume in screen : Tileproxy 7 (lastest)b94a50fdbf5f9f01ee6bc76c%38%30095.jpgTileproxy beta6 preview 260c285bf86d38c6bad7fb1e53aa90.jpgThanks so lot for your help ;)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The options to play with in your case are:- testing and comparing all available service providers in the area (Friday Harbour, I presume) www.flashearth.com- Making sure you use the most recent map_version argument in the INI file (see sticky post on top in this forum)- possibly using the "zoom level remapping" feature (see Tileproxy manual, and possible Ed Truthan's Tutorial for some information about it). With the remapping feature you can extend the inner zoom level so far out that the boundary gets less disturbing during flight. However, at the expense of more data to be loaded)Christian

There is another (albeit more theoretical) possibility: Save the flight in your first screenshot, fly a few miles towards the low-res textures in order to force TileProxy to load a higher zoom level, and reset the flight. The color edge should be further out now. That means the longer you fly around over a certain region, thereby caching high-res textures, the less frequently you will see the effect shown by your first screenshot (which probably explains why the second shot looks fine).Christian, from the effect described above, it seems TileProxy always uses the highest zoom level in the cache to create texture tiles, no matter what LOD. Is this a bug or a feature? ;)

Thank you Christian ;)The problem is from "level mapping" i tried use in "event, more hq radius" and now i have a good distance.Why we have this option now?In the lastest tileproxy (5 or 6) we don't have this or it's automatic.Result in screen now in start of fsx :) :8b6eb0f22723bb3e7abcb52ca89d8.jpg