Sign in to follow this  
Guest karstele

Question on Photoreal Folder . . .

Guest karstele

Hi,unfortunately I'm not able to get TileProxy to work properly . . .FSX crashes while loading.I have assigned the TileProxy Photoreal Folder to a seperate partition G:TileProxy Photoreal Worldin my scenery.cfg folder it is assigned as for example:Title=WORLD_0305Local=G:TileProxy Photoreal World0305Layer=236Active=TRUERequired=FALSERemote=Is the G: with two slashes correct???And my other question:I noticed that I have two seperate folders for the cfg files of FSX one is in: Anwenderdatenall usersmicrosoftFSX and the other is in: AnwenderdatenKarstenmicrosoftFSXThe one contains only scenery related folders and files and the other one all else like FSX.cfg and so on . . .Is that normal?Thank you for your helpKarsten

>Is the G: with two slashes correct???Usually double backslashes don't matter in paths. But, just for the fun of it, you might want to try removing one of them from one of the areas and see if it makes any difference when you go flying over that area. For example, Germany is in the 0601 folder, so if that's where you usually fly, you want to edit that one.>I noticed that I have two seperate folders for the cfg files>of FSX one is in: Anwenderdatenall>usersmicrosoftFSX >and the other is in: AnwenderdatenKarstenmicrosoftFSXYes, that's perfectly normal (although I think you got the path names slightly wrong). Microsoft did that to make FSX play nice in a multi-user environment, or when your normal user account doesn't have administrator privileges (which is usually the case on Vista). All the machine-specific things that aren't supposed to be different for different users (mainly information about installed sceneries) go into the 'All Users' folder, which a normal user can't write to. And everything specific to a user account, as well as everything a normal user should be able to change without consulting his 'system administrator', goes into each user's profile folder ('Karsten' in your case).

Guest karstele

Thank you . . . I tried it with one and two now: both seem to work equally.But since my FSX crashes at about 55% loading I have to look on for the cause for this . . .Having seen Eds Florida Keys Video, I will not give up :(Greetings Karsten