Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest gepender

FSX and add-on scenery with TP ?

I have now used TP successfully flying from various airports using Y. Thanks to the assistance from several people in this forum. THANKS.However, most of the airports have only the runways and 3D FSX buildings around them, except at Dillingham Hawaii. It still has autogen trees and other buildings. See first jpg.Once airborne and heading inland, the autogen trees fade away, and the service takes over. See second jpg.I also noticed that a few 3D structures appear amongst the online service photo-terrain. Can I eliminate them somehow?Does TP eliminate the need for UTX, GEX, Megascenery, and others? Or are they complimentary to each other. The user manual mentioned mesh programs, FSGenesis for one, which I have.Thoughts please.Cheers,Gary P

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks like you have some add on scenery installed for Dillingham. 3D objects that are not autogen will show through the TileProxy textures. If you want to eliminate them, you'd have to hunt down the BGL files that place them, and move them somewhere out of FSXs reach.Basically, anything that alters terrain textures in any way, either by changing their look, or by changing how they are selected (ie. landclasses), becomes obsolote when running TileProxy. Moreover, most vector scenery, like roads, rivers, and coastlines, are hidden by TileProxy as well. You do see moving cars on the (invisible) vector roads, however. If these line up properly with the roads on the photo textures, this actually looks pretty cool.That means that most of the things contained in UTX are obsolete when you run TileProxy. The only thing I can think of that would show through (apart from the cars on the many more vector roads) would be the 3D lights at night. But in my opinion, they are far from enough on their own (and they are all you see at night, because the photo textures are pitch black). GEX is completely obsolete when you run TileProxy, as far as I can see. MegaScenery (or the photo scenery titles available for some European countries, for that matter) is basically the same thing as TileProxy, but offline, with better loading performance (ie. less blurries), night lighting, some autogen, and even winter textures sometimes. So, if you enjoy TileProxy and there is a MegaScenery title for your area, I would run, not walk, to get it. TileProxy can always take over where MegaScenery ends.