Sign in to follow this  
Guest Domr

Tileproxy & fs9 just magic!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Domr

Let me just start with a huge thank you to Christian Buchner for this amazing project!!!!!!And also Ed Truthan for the INI file and also great advice!!!Yesterday I came back to the tileproxy project after almost giving up on using it it as I could never get it to work right.It looked so amazing I just had to try again, so I did. I downloaded the latest version and again had a problem but then found one important piece of advise which I had glossed over every time I tried to use this program and that was to go into the main FS9 folder and delete all the left over tileproxy files that had been left after installation.Now I can tell you that everything is working an absolute dream!!!! I did a UK VFR flight from Oxford to Cardiff (online on Vastim) and had crystal clear VFR scenery all the way. I flew around 100knots for most of the journey varying from 1500 to 2500 feet. There were 1 or two times I had to circle once around a spot to let the tiles load but nothing to spoil the flight! There was a lot of traffic online coming and going from Cardiff and this had no affect. (my frame rates were varying from 20-50fps)What I'm running........FS9Full weather1mb adsl internet connection2gb 333DDR RamWin XP2.25ghz amd 64512ddr mb ATI X550 graphics cardTrack IRFSinn (Vatsim connection.Tileproxy 7 (March 21st version)So not really a super duper machine like most of you guys have and also not a fast internet connection but it's working so anyone else out here wondering shall I try it on FS9? My answer is YES because it works like a dream in FS9.Just as a side note or advice I've found that service 1 gives the best results with FS9 flying over the UK. If I use service 3 the G***le captcha form crashes FS9.Anyway I shall leave you all in peace now I was just so excited I thought I'd share my experience with you. Next time It will be screenshots.Dom