Sign in to follow this  
Guest drawlins

Files Missing

Guest Railrunner130

Recently, I decided to replace some of my older aircraft models with those that are newer/more download choices. As an example, I've decided to get a bunch of AI Aardvark airplanes. Quite a few of the links no longer work on the AIA site. (not an AIA issue, as David no longer supports it). Further searching revealed a number of the files are just plain gone. I also did a repaint of the Beriev BE-200 quite a while ago. The original aircraft came from the Avsim library. I just received an e-mail from a person claiming that it's not in the library, wondering where he can find it. I did a search and can't find it either. The download number was 66772. The file name is beriev_be-200.zip . What's going on here?

Guest drawlins

A lot of the aia links no longer function because avsim changed the download ID's. I have no idea why the download ID's were changed and there isn't any discernable pattern to which download ID's were changed and which weren't though. For example, I just checked the MD-90 repaints and about half of the listed repaints have working links, and the rest are broken. Most of the broken ones, you can still locate by searching for the .zip file name.If the files are just gone, I guess the authors had them removed.David R