Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pardue802

PAI/Ultimate Traffic - Licensing for Airlines?

Guest Pardue802

I'm getting hyped about Ultimate Traffic from Flight1 that will be soon coming out. I found myself wondering why MS didn't include such a functionality within it's own program. I have two thoughts, either they're not willing to invest the time into the program to pain so many aircraft, or two, they would potentially have licensing problems from using the logos of all these airlines. I know this is the main reason that the Concorde was struck from FS'02. If this is the case, how can Ultimate Traffic work out such details as making, if only half as much, a significant amount of money off of selling this product with all these airlines? And if it's the former, not enough time or money to invest in painting all these aircraft, does anyone suspect we'll eventually get to this point in future versions of FS (I'm talking FS'2006, 2008, or later, of course)?Just curious.Ken

Guest Pardue802

BUMP - Nobody's even read it? Was this a no-no question to ask?

Guest Pardue802

Interesting responses to the issues. Thanks for the link. In reference to the comment "Airlines are not going to just allow their name to be used without making some sort of profit. Although, Captain Sim and other for profit individuals are creating aircraft using real airlines. I don't know how they get past it." I am curious as to how these 3rd party programs can get past a licensing issue when MS can not? Is it a size thing? Small fish not worth worrying about and so forth? I'm okay with the airlines not being in FS, as well as being fine with paying an extra $30 to incorporate RW airlines into the sim. That's fine by me. Just seems like it could potentially become an issue though, as it once did with Papa Tango some time ago. I was curious as to whether this is the proverbial "hornet's nest" that should just be left alone or the "sleeping giant" that's going to come back and bite the AI guys on the bums.PS -- Apologies in advance if I stir up negative feelings here. I'm strictly curious, and have no mal intent toward the AI or repaint guys (as I greatly admire their work for one thing, and admire being able to fly in more 'realistic' environments for another), nor do I intend on bringing anything to any airlines and am posting this here in faith that their marketing guys aren't reading the forums ready to leap on the idea.Can't wait for Ultimate Traffic to come out! :-yellow1