Sign in to follow this  
Guest aca_dia

anti-aliasing question

Guest aca_dia

I recall reading about anti-aliasing in previous posts (a search did not turn up what I was looking for). I would love to be able to use anti-a with fs2002, but I get the odd graphics errors when I use it. For example you cant see the menu when you hit alt or you cant see the exit screen when you hit escape.I seem to remember that it was either video driver ot direct x related. Can anyone point me to a fix?PIII 800 512Ram Geforce 4 Ti4400 128mb. 29.42 Drivers and Direct X 9.

Hi.The 29.42 drivers probably are NOT the best for you're card. Try up-dating them.

Guest aca_dia

I rolled back to the 29.42 drivers at other people

AA can produce weird effects when used with 16 bit color..Try running 1024x768x32 and see if that helps..Also make sure to force AA on in the display properties from the desktop and to uncheck it in the FS2k2 display properties for it to work properly.

Bert

Guest aca_dia

Bert!That was the ticket. I was running at 1024x768x32, but I had AA turned on in the MSFS display properties. I never noticed my system display properties had a manual control of AA. I set that to 4xS (Direct 3D only) as well as turned of AA in MSFS and it works like a charm. AA is definately doing its job and there are no more phantom graphics problems. Thanks a bunch.aca_dia