Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest hefy_jefy

Ai Problem

There is a genuine real-world flight by a cargo DC3 that originates at Long Beach (KLGB), flies to Catalina Island (KAVX) and returns. I am trying to re-create this flight with the default FSX cargo DC3 using AI Flight Planner.It nearly works, the DC3 leaves KLGB and heads for KAVX but never lands, I learned today that it gets within one mile of touchdown at KAVX and then goes around, I have watched it do this twice (quite dramatic!!) I don't have the patience to keep waiting but I suspect it will keep going around until it times out and disappears.KAVX is slightly modified using AFX but other planes seem to land and take-off there OK. There are at least 3 parking spots at KAVX that should handle a DC3.Is there a specific reason why an AI plane goes around? The runway ay KAVX is high (1600ft) and not too long, landing the DC3 there requires care but its not that hard...Any ideas?Geoff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Sometimes planes will go around because of high terrain on approach, but that certainly doesn't apply here. Does the DC-3 land OK at other airports as an AI aircraft?

Is the DC3 you're using an AI specific model? Player flyable models that are used as AI can do some funny things.Specific size aircraft require specific size runways in FS, just like in real life. I'm not familiar with Catalina so is the runway big enough?Do you have sufficient size parking in the AFCAD?KJ

Catalina's runway should be long enough, it matches RW in the afcad I have, and DC3s really fly there. In fact, fully loaded, they have plenty of overrun space.DaveFly PGV!Might want to check parking specs and ensure the radius is larger than the DC-3s.