Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest fullerflyer

Painting The "right" Side Of Acft Using Gimp

I have searched the forum but found very little hlp. I am just getting into painintg, basically I am editing others' paints so I can get a feel for using GIMP and how to do textures, etc. I am having trouble with a POSKY paint, its a 737, I changed the left side, which is the main side you, and I know to do the right you to transform it, but in GIMP, I transform the picture, Horizontally and it flips it so the acft is facing the right.. I am not sure what to do.I dont think i can post up an example of what I mean with POSKY's rules...Any help is gr8tly appreciated.Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have searched the forum but found very little hlp. I am just getting into painintg, basically I am editing others' paints so I can get a feel for using GIMP and how to do textures, etc. I am having trouble with a POSKY paint, its a 737, I changed the left side, which is the main side you, and I know to do the right you to transform it, but in GIMP, I transform the picture, Horizontally and it flips it so the acft is facing the right.. I am not sure what to do.I dont think i can post up an example of what I mean with POSKY's rules...Any help is gr8tly appreciated.Andrew
It sounds like you need to make a 'selection' (is it possible in GIMP?) of the section and perform the transform. Alternatively you could have the fuselage you want to flip on a separate layer.. thats usually the best way. Please feel free to post a picture so we can have a look at it.. I doubt theres any issue regarding POSKY's rules, it would seem pretty petty if there was.. :( Morgan Dainow

Morgan,Thank you for the reply, and bear with me, I am new to repaining so I am thinking I am missn an easy step somewhere.When I am painting the left side .bmp file I go to the transform funtion and choose the horizontal transform and it looks like it turns my picture around. Below is what it looks like when I do that. The first picture is a different (POSKY) Alaska 737-800 I have that works in my acft folder of Fs2004, and the second picture is N302AS my modified "right side" .bmp i'm working with. As you can see mine turns right after transforming it horizontally in GIMP, whereas its suppose to face left but have the font backwards...? I use the DXTMP program and import the alphas, etc so I dont that has anything to do with it, altho thats why I am here, I am not sure.Andrewps.- in case the pictures blend together, they are seperated at the first "horizonta stab." Also, these paints are from Corey Ford and will NOT be released, they are for my OWN personal use.

Morgan,Thank you for the reply, and bear with me, I am new to repaining so I am thinking I am missn an easy step somewhere.When I am painting the left side .bmp file I go to the transform funtion and choose the horizontal transform and it looks like it turns my picture around. Below is what it looks like when I do that. The first picture is a different (POSKY) Alaska 737-800 I have that works in my acft folder of Fs2004, and the second picture is N302AS my modified "right side" .bmp i'm working with. As you can see mine turns right after transforming it horizontally in GIMP, whereas its suppose to face left but have the font backwards...? I use the DXTMP program and import the alphas, etc so I dont that has anything to do with it, altho thats why I am here, I am not sure.Andrewps.- in case the pictures blend together, they are seperated at the first "horizonta stab." Also, these paints are from Corey Ford and will NOT be released, they are for my OWN personal use.
So should both be facing left, just on the "left side" you're trying to get the registration reversed?Morgan Dainow