Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

BootVis, ntdll.dll, and my frusterations

Hey all --First, an apology. I realize this might belong in a different forum here, but I doubt the others are frequented as much as this one!Anyway, on to my problem. I recently reinstalled Windows XP. After getting all my apps set up and installed, I began to run BootVis. It was all fine, and then 2 reboots in a 5 reboot cycle, it hit me, Windows 'Send, Don't Send' dialog box. Well, undaunted, I tried again. And again. And, well, you get the idea. No go. Crashes, sometimes on the 4th cycle, sometimes on the 1st.Well, I went to the event viewer, and noticed that ntdll.dll was causing the error. Here is the error report:Faulting application bootvis.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.1106, fault address 0x000245cc.I am at my wits end. I thought it might be McAfee AntiVirus interfering with BootVis's writing the trace, so I put the bootvis folder in the 'exclude from scanning' list, still no go.And that isn't all folks!Now, when I tell bootvis to run a trace, it wont' even reboot itself if it manages to get done with the 1st trace without keeling over and dying. If reboots after I tell it to begin, and then it pops up with the dialog box 'writing trace yadda yadda' and then it goes away. Nothing. No reboot. Opening bootvis back up, I click on 'Trace - Next boot and driver delays' and see that there isn't a check mark beside that item.I am at a wits end. I really don't want to install Windows again......Thanks all

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you tried uninstalling BootVis to see if it clears your problem? This doesn't seem related to fs2002, but to your basic OS setup. I would try and uninstall BootVis, then insert your WinXP CD and do a repair/reinstall, if uninstalling BootVis doesn't clear your problem.

>Have you tried uninstalling BootVis to see if it clears your >problem? No, that is the thing about bootvis. Nothing to 'uninstall' per se. It unzips from a WinZip extrctable exe. I believe it has some registry entries, but I am not sure.>This doesn't seem related to fs2002, but to your >basic OS setup. I know, that is why I apologized for the post ;-)My plan is to comb the registry for all bootvis entries, and if that doesn't help, then I will have to reinstall Windows. :-fume :-mad :-8 :-roll :-lol