Sign in to follow this  
Guest VH-AJH

Frame Rate Problem

Guest VH-AJH

Hi guys, I have recently had a problem with my pc and had to fully format my system and start from scratch. I have finished the painful process of installing all of the FS2004 products and addons but now have a problem with frame rates. Im down 20fps and have installed all the latest drivers etc etc and still having a bit of trouble trying to even get to 20fps as it was running perfectly at 40 to 50+ before my system crashed. Has anyone else had this problem or could anyone tell me what i might have wrong?Cheers Adam

Guest Jeffhew
Hi guys, I have recently had a problem with my pc and had to fully format my system and start from scratch. I have finished the painful process of installing all of the FS2004 products and addons but now have a problem with frame rates. Im down 20fps and have installed all the latest drivers etc etc and still having a bit of trouble trying to even get to 20fps as it was running perfectly at 40 to 50+ before my system crashed. Has anyone else had this problem or could anyone tell me what i might have wrong?Cheers Adam
Hi Adam,Welcome to AVSIM! :( When you say that you re-installed everything, did you do it from original media or from backup files? Did you just sit there and install everything all at once or did you do one at a time and then take a test flight after each install?A couple of general ideas, not knowing the specifics, would be to defrag your hard drive. Another idea, assuming that some of your add-ons are scenery, is to go into your scenery library and de-activate all of them. Try to eliminate as many of the addons as you can and take a flight to see how it is running without them. If things are better, re-activate your add-ons one by one and take a test flight after each to nail down what may be causing the problem. You might also try letting FS9 create a new FS9.cfg file by deleting the one you have now ( make a backup copy first), then start FS in the default flight situation (Rwy 34 at KSEA). After it loads up, shut down the sim. A new FS9.cfg will be created. Now go back to the default flight and see if things have improved. It's never a good idea to add a bunch of things all at once because it makes tracking down problems exceedingly difficult. When I go through this, and yes it is painful, it takes me a few days to get things back to the way they were. Sorry I can't offer more but, without knowing exactly what you have done and how, it's tough to offer specifics. Best Regards,Jeff

HelloWhere are you getting 20fps?If for instance that was at Heathrow with a goodly amount of AI 20fps would be pretty good.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest VH-AJH

Thanks for the help guys.I fly mainly in Australia as its my home country and im using the VISTA OZ freeware addon around the Sydney area which im getting poor frame rates than i used to. I've also noticed that when i turn off the sound i gain 10fps, i'll have to look into that i think. Oh and I did copy everything from the original cd's etc etc.Thanks again.