Sign in to follow this  
November_Juliet

Fs's Ridiculous Error Message

FS crashes sometimes during final approach to dest' airport. It said my system has ran out of memory, but i have 4gb of RAMs :( . please help!! Thanks :( My System Spec:FS 9.1 installedCore 2 duo E8200 2.66ghzNvidia 9600GT 512mb2X A-data 2gb ram400W PSU

Guest Tom R

ahhh... the infamous out of memory messages.... try the 3gb fix... theres millions of topics in the hardware forum about this. just search out of memory error or "oom".

Hi,Do a search on here for OOM error mesages and 3gb fix lot's of post on here regarding your issues. If you have XP/Vista 32 bit then you only have 3 gigs of ram you require a 64bit system to use 4 gigs or higherCheers RobEdit: Tom beat me to it :)

Rob Prest

Guest gotairbus

Hey there. Off topic a lil...I have 2gigs of ram on my slow P4 with FS9.1 and I was shocked to hear that the threadstarter can actually suddenly run out of RAM on his 3gig machine.That's a surprise to me :( Dex

Guest nelsonde
FS crashes sometimes during final approach to dest' airport. It said my system has ran out of memory, but i have 4gb of RAMs :( . please help!! Thanks :( My System Spec:FS 9.1 installedCore 2 duo E8200 2.66ghzNvidia 9600GT 512mb2X A-data 2gb ram400W PSU
Chances are you have a "memory leak" where the system is looking for a file that's not there (it's a little more complicated than that...) Seek out and run what I term the "diagnostic" programs. I use ACA2005, FS Manager, and the MRAI installer to find my little annoyances. ACA2005 has built in diagnostics, as does FS Manager (just takes a batch file to run these days - annoying), and MRAI installer examines your aircraft configs before installing one of the MRAI ai packages. Usually, for me, the error lies in either an aircraft.cfg typo or with scenery layer mismatches. You might want to check any recent modifications, un modify and see if the OOM crashes continue. To see what is leaking, you might want to look for a small addon program call File Monitor. It lets you see under the hood of your computer.DaveFly PGV!