Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jlm

Seeking Ffs Saab340

Dear anyoneI would like to get my hands on the FFS saab340 - I know the company no longer exists - but what does this mean for the rights of the sofware and it's availablility. What is legal and what's not concerninh how one might obtain a copy or accept a copy from someone willing to offer with or without a donation fot what it was bought?would love to get a copyjlm

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dear anyoneI would like to get my hands on the FFS saab340 - I know the company no longer exists - but what does this mean for the rights of the sofware and it's availablility. What is legal and what's not concerninh how one might obtain a copy or accept a copy from someone willing to offer with or without a donation fot what it was bought?would love to get a copyjlm
Hi,I'm afraid there's nothing you can do. The rights of the S340 still are in hands of FFS.Everyone who bought it in the past (like me), bought a license to use it but doens't own it actually. This applies to (almost) all software in the market.I or anyone else can't transfer this user license to another person.

thanks for the replyI was afraid that was going to be the answer - but does that mean FFS exist - because if they no longer exist have can someone who doesn't exist hold rights to anything? if they do exist can they be contacted somehow ? perhaps the developers are among these forums.it's a pity - would have thought the software would be better served being let loose and appreciated rather than wiped out.jlm

I was afraid that was going to be the answer - but does that mean FFS exist - because if they no longer exist have can someone who doesn't exist hold rights to anything?
That's a juridical question :( If FFS isn't present anymore, it doesn't mean they do not exist anymore... Besides that, the full rights also can be with a single person or multiple persons. I don't know how they arranged it, but the outcome is the same.I agree with you that it would have been nice to transfer the full rights to another company, like Aeroworx has done with the KingAir (Flight1 now)This garantees also continuation of support for existing customers. FFS however tought otherwise apparently