Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alphahawk3

1 Stutter

My 2 centsI use Avast and have had little trouble with it. I used to turn it off for simming, but after my last upgrade it has no effect, being on or off. I do turn it off for video editing. Every rig is different. Indeed Norton and McAfee are real hogs. I too would like to know why Avast caused a stutter at the same point in a flight.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest Nick_N
My 2 centsI use Avast and have had little trouble with it. I used to turn it off for simming, but after my last upgrade it has no effect, being on or off. I do turn it off for video editing. Every rig is different. Indeed Norton and McAfee are real hogs. I too would like to know why Avast caused a stutter at the same point in a flight.Bob
Probably for the same reason a recent Microsoft update that includes the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool sees UTX as a bug and damages it?http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=28749@ NoelIt has been noted for a very very long time in the forums that AVAST and AVG have had a significant impact on FSX performance in the past. The effect and influence can change from update to update of the products.... It was also found (at one pont) simply stopping AVG in the tray WOULD NOT resolve the problems and it required the SERVICE be stopped.I dont have time to go looking for the threads but they are here, at SimV and F1 Simforums supportInstead of wondering if the next UPDATE for one of the two will bring on activity the user is not aware of, use NOD 32 and you wont have to worry about shutting things down or worry about what the next update may bring :(You do get what you pay for (Norton, Mcafee and a few others excluded) LOL