Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest John T.

Aircraft Types File

Guest John T.

I apologize for such a newbie questionHow are you supposed to build the AircraftTypes files for TTools database builder?I see all the default aircraft for FS9 in there. I have a bunch of aircraft from World of AI,which I obtain and installed using the installer. I don't believe any of it is in there.Am I supposed to type all the info into this file? How the devil does it get in there!So much to do , so little flight time. :}

World of AI creates its own traffic BGL file for each airline, as I remember, so their planes would not be listed in the default traffic file (which is what I assume you have decompiled). If you decompile one of their traffic BGL files you would see the planes in that file listed.If you are creating (or adding to) a traffic file, you add the new airplanes by typing in the information. The AC# relates to the AC#'s listed in the Flightplans file, the speed is the TAS of the plane at cruise (if the @ symbol is used in the Flightplans file it's 1/2 of the TAS), and the name in quotes is the plane's title= line in its aircraft.cfg file (*exactly*). Hope this helps,