Sign in to follow this  
Fitz505

Cooler For The Core I7

Has anyone been able to find a decent cpu cooler for the Core I7 Yet? I've seen a few reviews like the Asus unit, but nothing for sale at places like Newegg. The one unit by Dynatron, had a pretty poor review.

Guest Nick_N
Has anyone been able to find a decent cpu cooler for the Core I7 Yet? I've seen a few reviews like the Asus unit, but nothing for sale at places like Newegg. The one unit by Dynatron, had a pretty poor review.
Thermalright 120 Extreme 133 edtition... perfect for the clock on i7They are getting them out slow but you can buy one herehttp://www.quietpcusa.com/Thermalright-Ult...er-P507C61.aspx

Guest Alphahawk3
I am using this one and I have had my i7 920 clocked to 3.2 and stable for 24 hours under 1oo% load and it never got above 60c. I don't know how good this one is compared to some others. I have seen some articles that say the cpu is OK as long as it is below 90c....I don't know about that. My Asus P6T Deluxe m/b setting was defaulted to warn at 77c. Mine did come with the correct mounting bracket and I have to tell you this thing is big. Playing FSX for hours on end...whcih puts quite the load on the CPU it stays around 40c.http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductRevie...N82E16835106124