Sign in to follow this  
Guest ICH

Tt-tiles

Hello Tobias,Thank you very much for the generous offer of your software. Since this is a scenery designers' forum, perhaps you would provide more details as to what exactly it does and how it works.In particular,1. I assume that is the Google URL that you hide in the image (there is no need of hiding it, by the way, since they know perfectly well that people are downloading images from their servers. That is why they have them, after all.)So, do you allow for use of another image server such as Virtual Earth or others?2. If you limit usage to Google, how do you get around the reCAPTCHA method that they use to prevent automated downloading of images that your software is meant to do?3. How do you handle missing tiles? Do you display that as a transparent area?4. And what about water bodies and water effects - does your software handle that at all?5. Do you allow for the user to choose the ground resolution, and what are the options?6. I see that you include the FS X Resample program, so would you please indicate if this tool only creates custom ground for FS X?By the way, the FS X S.D.K. Tools are only provided to those customers who have purchased the Deluxe version of FS X. All other distribution is prohibited by the terms of the User Licence. So, you may wish to re-consider your inclusion of Resample within the zip file that you provide.Anyway, congratulations and please do provide us with more technical explanations.Best regards.Luis

Guest ICH

Hi!1. I assume that is the Google URL that you hide in the image (there is no need of hiding it, by the way, since they know perfectly well that people are downloading images from their servers. That is why they have them, after all.)So, do you allow for use of another image server such as Virtual Earth or others?At the Moment only Virtual Earth!3. How do you handle missing tiles? Do you display that as a transparent area?It downloads the best available Quality if the selected one is not available.4. And what about water bodies and water effects - does your software handle that at all?At the moment it doesn't handle water ...5. Do you allow for the user to choose the ground resolution, and what are the options?Resolution is set with the LOD value. This value selects the detail level of the tiles.6. I see that you include the FS X Resample program, so would you please indicate if this tool only creates custom ground for FS X?Yes only FSX at the moment, because i have no other sim installed right now.By the way, the FS X S.D.K. Tools are only provided to those customers who have purchased the Deluxe version of FS X. All other distribution is prohibited by the terms of the User Licence. So, you may wish to re-consider your inclusion of Resample within the zip file that you provide.Oh, i didn't know that it's only available for FSX Deluxe.Tobias