Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doug Moldenhauer

Fsx Sound Question

Guest Doug Moldenhauer

I have a question reguarding the sound in FSX. I normaly fly the 737, and I seem to notice that the engine sounds seem to have steps in them when you increase or decrease the throttle. I would have expected a smooth transition in the sound as the speed of the engine increases or decreases. Is this normal or is there something wrong in my installation?Asus P5QL-E MotherboardIntel Core 2 Duo E85003 Gig 1066Mhz Memory160Gig HarddriveSoundblaster X-FI Extreme Audio Sound Card.Nvidia 9600GT 512MB vidio cardWindows XP

Guest Doug Moldenhauer

Well I don't know how this was involved but when I unplugged my webcam the problem went away. I can re-create by plugging it back in. The webcam has a microphone and a MIDI device in it according to the device manager. Strange, but it worked. :()

It's possible something in the driver for the web cams audio input device (or vista audio manager) is forcing the audio format on the default audio output device (ie your sound card) to one of its lower audio quality settings in some way that keeps FSX from setting it higher.Tim

Guest Doug Moldenhauer
It's possible something in the driver for the web cams audio input device (or vista audio manager) is forcing the audio format on the default audio output device (ie your sound card) to one of its lower audio quality settings in some way that keeps FSX from setting it higher.Tim
Thanks for the Reply beatle. I was a bit confused as to the cause, but it did fix it. I was quite relieved as I was expectingmuch better sound that I was getting. Everything seems to run quite well on this machine. Frame rates and all are very good. Its not a monster of a machine but I was expecting a bit more in the sound department than I was receiving. Lucky find actually.