Sign in to follow this  
Guest fskid8

F-18 Textures

Guest fskid8

I don't know if any one has answred this question yet but I will ask anyways, because I couldnt find it anywhere.I've downloaded a F-18 acceleration textures for the vmfa 232 red devils from simviation and I followed the install instructions and it dosen't show upin fsx. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Adding textures is not difficult, but can be tricky. Some authors are good about instrustions, some are not. If you haven't added textures before, and if the instructions are not complete you can get stuck. Give us an idea of what the instruction say so we can help you.Basicly you need to add a section to the aircraft cfg and make sure there is a thumbnail of the plane in the file. Thats just an overview.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest fskid8

Thanks for the comment but I have insalled texture in most of the default and some add on planes so what the directions say is that i need to put the texture folder into the f-18 folder and copy the section fo what should be in the aircraft cfg and put into the actual cfg and change the xx to the next highest number.It usualy works with the other planes but not this one.

Great. So then the title of the new texture folder matches the cfg. You can also copy one of the other cfg sections changing what you need to point to the correct texture,pannel,etc. Double check all new cfg entries.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest fskid8

Thank you so much. I did this and it worked perfectly.