Sign in to follow this  
Guest w2sjw

Need CFS 2 Help (Please!)

Hey Bro, CFS2 will only allow for 90 someodd planes in the aircraft folder. Go and get ACMAN http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm It is a vital part of my CFS2 and FS2002 considering I have about 400+ aircraft in each.SIMVIATION has a great CFS2 forum, might want to check it out for further problems.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Hey Scott, just checked my folders to respond to your second question. looks like you unzipped something into your aircraft folder that you shouldn't, I don't have any of those folders in mine. The difference between CFS2 and FS2002 is that you NEED to have the default aircraft installed in CFS2 in able for the sim to run, it will not if they are missing, keep this in mind if you get ACMAN. It is a good practice NOT to unzip anything into your sim, always unzip to a temp folder and manually install it, especially CFS2 which I find to be more sensitive to errors that FS2002.hope this helpsRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest w2sjw

Michael,Thanks for the help - I opened up the CFS .cab file on disk #1 and compared it to what I had in my folder (minus the ones I added). I was able to delete 63 folders that had nothing in them!You where probably right about accidentally unzipping to the aircraft folder. I'm still not sure how that happened. I use WinRAR, and it lets me pull just what I need out of a .zip with a drag-n-drop style operation. I never intentionally do a full 'blind' extraction.Scott

Guest w2sjw

I apologize for posting this here, but I got no response on the other forum here about this topic (I assume there are a couple of you out there that use multiple sim's as I do). :)Question 1: Is it possible to have 'too many' planes installed in CFS 2? I've got a considerable amount of planes already installed, and when I added the new 10-pack of P-47's from simviation yesterday, I was greeted with the message shown in the picture again. (only does this once when I first run the sim, and when I attempt to do a 'free-flight' - quick combat won't run correctly, either). I had to delete most of my non-pacific theater aircraft that I haven't been using to get the sim to behave normally again.Question 2: Why are there so many folders in the main 'aircraft' folder that contain nothing in them. Are the 'AI' and 'PF' folders there for a reason? There's no data in those folders at all..Thanks in advance.Scott