Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Perfect Flight Adventures- anyone tried them yet?

I'm a little confused about the following at the "Perfect Flight" website (advertised on the AVSIM front page):"...Perfect Flight Adventures include realistics flight plan, Sid, Star and all well known Pf2k Adventures features. The ABL adventures, instead, finally enables the complete interaction with the FS2002 AI/ATC..."Does this mean that the "perfect flight adventure" is not ABL code, but rather the old APL adventure programming language? Doesn't this mean that the AI a/c are not displayed or even a part of the flight? Then there's a reference to "ABL adventures", but the site appears to imply that these are not as complete as the "perfect flight adventures".Thanks,Bruce.

Hi Bruce,I have never tried the Perfect Flight adventures so I cannot comment on them, but my reading is that the ABL format adventure creates the "cockpit environment" (V1, vr, v2 calls, etc.) while the default FS2002 ATC handles the radio/ATC. The "older APL" adventures apparently handle the ATC as well. You may want to ask the author for further info.One little clarification, if I may. APL is not actually that "old". It was first introduced to Flight Simulator with FS5.1 + BAO Flight Shop (1995). By comparison some other languages used in FS add-ons (eg. C++, Visual Basic & Delphi) have been around for much longer.Also, AI traffic can run, albeit to a limted degree, while an adventure is running. Some of our flights (eg. Wollongong to Canberra VFR Adventure) have this functionality if used in a particular way as explained in the docs. In general MS have AI traffic deleted while an adventure is running.Cheerio,Fermin - fsadventures.net][/b

Hi Fermin,Thanks for the information.Bruce.

Guest bigun

Bruce,I have purchased one adventure from them. Don't waste your money!The FSAdventures series are much better. They are very realistic and you will learn if you follow the instructions exactly. Plus they are free. I use all of them and competely enjoy them.George

Thanks George!Some good advice there, thanks.Bruce.