Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spilok

New Nvidia Beta Driver Works Well

NVidia sent me an email that talked about a new Beta driver. I installed it and it works quite well. Very stable and good frames. Perhaps it might help with the "Vertical lines" some of us are seeing in the sim. Time will tell.The beta driver is version 180.84. Check it out on NVidia's site.Stan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

NVidia sent me an email that talked about a new Beta driver. I installed it and it works quite well. Very stable and good frames. Perhaps it might help with the "Vertical lines" some of us are seeing in the sim. Time will tell.The beta driver is version 180.84. Check it out on NVidia's site.Stan
Yes they do. I installed the new 180.84 beta on a fresh Vista 64/SP2 beta last week. FS9 and FSX are running fine with these new drivers. As many others have found out for some reason they cause a complete system lockup with Windows XP/32 bit with the first re-boot after install. I found this out the hard way after installing them on a fresh XP/Pro SP3 reformat. This is first time I have experienced any significant problems with an Nvidia beta driver. Nvidia Gaming:ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA (Intel X48 chipset) BIOS 0601Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 w/Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtremeOCZ Titanium XTC 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)EVGA GTX 280 FTW (Beta 180.84 Drivers)Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB (RAID 0) - Vista Ultimate 64 Bit/SP2 BetaSILVERSTONE 1200Watt DASILVERSTONE TJ09-BATI Gaming:ASUS Rampage Extreme BIOS 0901Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 w/Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtremeOCZ Intel Extreme Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)ATI 4870X2 (Catalyst 8.12)Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB (RAID 0) - Vista Ultimate 64 Bit/SP2 BetaPC Power & Cooling T1KWSR 1000WLIAN LI PC-A70B