Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest milodog

I Did Not Hang Myself, With A Question.

OK, I had a thread going awhile back about fs9 freezing up shortly after take-off. I tried all kinds of suggestions and hardware diagnostics with no luck. Anyway, I worked up my guts and finally re-installed vista. After the re-install I had to re-install all the bundled programs that came on my computer via an applications disk that was sent with the computer. To make a long story short, while fishing around looking for the application disk in all the papers, etc. I ran across a "Tom Clancy's advanced warfighter" disk that HP sent for free. I decided that before I re-installed all my fs9 stuff and add-ons, I would give this a go and see if it locked up like fs9. Well, I am now addicted to this and have not messed with fs9 yet (I will give a full report when I do the re-install, though). Now the question for the gurus. This warfighter game works perfectly (good sign). There are several times when you are zipping around in a Blackhawk with other soldiers who are moving around and look real as heck. The Blackhawk detail is better than any FS aircraft I have ever seen, and the ground scenery is detailed to the point of looking real, with no frame rate problems at all. Why can't microsoft do this with FS? Just a thought.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Several factors are the scale of the game world is not to that of Microsoft's and it is limited in the number of aircraft you can fly. Microsoft has to be rather open-ended to allow multiple aircraft to be modeled.