Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Help with md 90 panel -no gauges

I have installed panel_md90_v3 and have no gauges.The panel is in the fsfsconv folder.The instructions say to install the gauges into the gaugesprmd87 folder,not the gauges folder.I tried fsfsconvprmd80gauges and it still has no gauges.Do I need to have fsfsconvprmd80gauges and then open folder gauges?There was no email included with instructions.I think it is a revision of Paul Golding's md 87 panel,but I can't find that either.Thanks,Ron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You need to create a folder called prmd87 within your main fs2002/gauges folder and place the gauges within there. I have many aircraft which use gauges contained within their own subfolder in the main gauge folder. One of the advantages to this is that it is easy to remove gauges much easier if or when you decide to remove an aircraft. It would be highly unlikely that you are to place the gauges anywhere within the aircraft or fsfsconv folder.Without wanting to sound cheeky, pay more attention to the instructions then you won't have problems. In your 3rd sentence you state that the gauges are to be installed to the gaugesprmd87 folder. I take it that the fact there isn't a folder with that name that threw you, if this is the case you need to create one.A good tip for installing things into flightsim is to unzip whatever it is to a temp folder then look to see what it creates. For instance if it creates folders called aircraft, sound and gauges then it is usually a simple case of copying and pasting or moving the contents of each folder to the folder of the same name within flightsim.Hope you get things sorted,Markyboy.

Thanks for the help.I always unzip to a temp folder.You're right,the instructions say to do exactly what you say,I just never did it that way before.I'll give it a try.I usually don't have a problem,just did not fully inderstand the instructions.That's why these forums are so helpful.Ron

I've tried everything I can think of and still no gauges.The zip has a prmd folder containing the gauges which I copied to my gauges folder.There are 3 different panel.cfg offered.This may be my problem also.Any other help would be appreciated or another md 80 series panel with internal side views.Thanks,Ron