Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orlaam

Asa/fs9 Post-install Questions

Only had a few moments to check out ASA, and I think it's wonderful.I'm curious about my settings in FSUIPC (FS9) now. With ASv6.5 I had a few things checked in FSUIPC's wind and cloud pages. Smoothing was on, some turbulence and adding occasional cirrus was checked. I was under the impression this was okay with ASv6.5 and all seemed okay with those settings.Now, with ASA, am I correct in understanding that all cloud and wind (most/all Wx) settings in FSUIPC should be unchecked so as not to conflict with ASA?? I figure the wind smoothing in FS9 is now fine just with ASA, so I shouldn't need the FSUIPC checked also. Plus, ASA adds cirrus, CAVOK clouds, and handles turbulence like FSUIPC had options for. Also, has the wake turbulence been changed/fixed, upgraded to work better than ASv6.5? I had to disable the wake option in ASv6.5 because it often caused major crashes on final when traffic shouldn't have been a factor. It was a well-known problem I guess you could say, maybe just with complex aircraft, but it was a problem.Another question is about the wind disturbances. Should these be scaled based on aircraft being flown (e.g. GA plane - less turbulence, less FPM thermal setting ; large Boeing-type - higher settings)?? Thanks! Merry Christmas!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Chris,Thanks for the words.Yes, uncheck those options in FSUIPC.Wake turbulence has been worked on, but you still need to be careful!The effects will be felt less with a larger plane. Not sure if I would make an adjustment in ASA each time I changed planes.Thanks,