Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest DonMR

Building New Fsx Pc

Hi Gang,I'm thinking about building a new pc for FSX. How does this sound?

• MSI P43 Neo3-F LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • PNY VCG88GTS5XWB GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8500
  • CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF (Total 2GB. Can't find a 4GBx1.)

This would run about 500 bucks through NewEgg. I have a case and other stuff in my current machine to use.Don.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Forgot the fan....Thermaltake SpinQ Performance Series cooler with ultra-lightweight aluminum and six heatpipes CL-P0466 CPU CoolerI was a little off on the price, too. With the fan, it's about $600Don

Forgot the fan....Thermaltake SpinQ Performance Series cooler with ultra-lightweight aluminum and six heatpipes CL-P0466 CPU Cooler
Overclocking? The heatsink and fan that comes with the CPU would be okay otherwise. Sounds like a good compromise between performance and cost and suitable for FSX. I don't understand the "Total 2GB. Can't find a 4GBx1" statement. You certainly wouldn't want one 4GB memory module since you need two matching modules for dual channel.

Overclocking? The heatsink and fan that comes with the CPU would be okay otherwise. Sounds like a good compromise between performance and cost and suitable for FSX. I don't understand the "Total 2GB. Can't find a 4GBx1" statement. You certainly wouldn't want one 4GB memory module since you need two matching modules for dual channel.
Not overclocking. I guess I didn't realize the CPU comes with a heat sink.The MB has 4 memory slots with max memory of 16GB, for 4 GB per slot. Newegg only had 4GB (2x2GB) which would max me out at 8GB.Don.

The MB has 4 memory slots with max memory of 16GB, for 4 GB per slot. Newegg only had 4GB (2x2GB) which would max me out at 8GB.
I've filled up my 4 slots with 1GB modules. I figure that when we need more than 4 GB, we will also need a new motherboard, CPU and faster memory.It looks like you've hit on a sweetspot for performance and value. Good luck.