Sign in to follow this  
Guest blazingcessna

Ctd In Terrain.dll At Issuance Of Clearance

Guest blazingcessna

OK folks, as stated in the title I get this anytime I am descending from high altitudes. The aircraft flown doesn't matter. As long as I fly low altitude routes (under FL180) I have no problems at all. Fly above that and as soon as the clearance is issued and I respond...CTD in terrain.dllI have uninstalled and reinstalled FS UTerrain and gone through all the monkey hoops I can think of. Upon reinstall, I can fly about 9 flights then this crappage starts up again...I cannot run FSX on this machine, so please no "switch to FSX" posts please. Any ideas???

Guest blazingcessna

Gee thanks for all the help everyone... :(

Well, you seem to have figured it out yourself in the OP. Since you can fly ok without UT, that basically means the problem is there. Probably a conflict with a mesh, since bad textures usually end up in fe.dll crashes. Do you have any mesh files installed? Is this a recent problem? Have you changed anything in your setup prior to these crashes? You're not giving us a lot to go on in at least trying to narrow it down :)Last but not least...google it, it's a very common problem caused by a myriad of reasons, any one of them could be your gremlin.