Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest AL_Kaiser

Xml Gauge Help Needed!

I'm trying to make a gauge that opens the Cowl flaps automatically when the engine starts, and closes them automatically when it is shut down.This is the code I have now but it will not work.I had a similar gauge on my Stemme Motorglider in fs2k2 using teh concorde nose visor animation so i've tried porting it from there.<Gauge Name="AUTONosecone" Version="1.0"> <Element> <Select> <Value> (A:GENERAL ENG1 RPM,rpm) 100 < if{ 0 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET } els{ 16383 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET) } </Value> </Select> </Element></Gauge>Any help is greatly appreciated!Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm trying to make a gauge that opens the Cowl flaps automatically when the engine starts, and closes them automatically when it is shut down.This is the code I have now but it will not work.I had a similar gauge on my Stemme Motorglider in fs2k2 using teh concorde nose visor animation so i've tried porting it from there.<Gauge Name="AUTONosecone" Version="1.0"> <Element> <Select> <Value> (A:GENERAL ENG1 RPM,rpm) 100 < if{ 0 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET } els{ 16383 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET) } </Value> </Select> </Element></Gauge>Any help is greatly appreciated!Thanks
Anyone have any ideas?

You are missing the closing parenthesis:-(A:GENERAL ENG1 RPM,rpm) 100 < if{ 0 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET) } els{ 16383 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET) }

You are missing the closing parenthesis:-(A:GENERAL ENG1 RPM,rpm) 100 < if{ 0 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET) } els{ 16383 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET) }
Tried that and still wont work. FSPanelstudio wont even load the gauge in CAB form.New code<Gauge Name="AUTONosecone" Version="1.0"> <Element> <Select> <Value> (A:GENERAL ENG1 RPM:rpm) 100 < if{ 0 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET) } els{ 16383 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET) } </Value> </Select> </Element></Gauge>

Tried that and still wont work. FSPanelstudio wont even load the gauge in CAB form.New code<Gauge Name="AUTONosecone" Version="1.0"> <Element> <Select> <Value> (A:GENERAL ENG1 RPM:rpm) 100 < if{ 0 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET) } els{ 16383 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET) } </Value> </Select> </Element></Gauge>
Ok got it to function somewhat...I added a small bitmap to the gauge and it now compiles correctly.The gauge is now however holding the cowlflaps closed no matter what engine RPM is. I have a manual button to open them, but as soon as I hit it the cowlflaps open then close immediatly no matter what state the engine is in.Any Ideas?here is my new code.<Gauge Name="AUTONosecone" Version="1.0"> <Element> <Select> <Value> (A:GENERAL ENG1 RPM:rpm) 100 < if{ 0 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET) } els{ 16384 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET) } </Value> <Image Name="nosecone.bmp" ImageSizes="1,3"/> </Select> </Element></Gauge>

Ok got it to function somewhat...I added a small bitmap to the gauge and it now compiles correctly.The gauge is now however holding the cowlflaps closed no matter what engine RPM is. I have a manual button to open them, but as soon as I hit it the cowlflaps open then close immediatly no matter what state the engine is in.Any Ideas?here is my new code.<Gauge Name="AUTONosecone" Version="1.0"> <Element> <Select> <Value> (A:GENERAL ENG1 RPM:rpm) 100 < if{ 0 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET) } els{ 16384 (>K:COWLFLAP1_SET) } </Value> <Image Name="nosecone.bmp" ImageSizes="1,3"/> </Select> </Element></Gauge>
WOOHOO success.the problem was so simple it almost makes me cry thinking how much time I spent trying to fix this.(A:GENERAL ENG1 RPM:rpm) Will not work.....(A:GENERAL ENG1 RPM,rpm) Works perfectly. Seems you need a "," not a ":" as a seperator. Things have changed since FS2k2 as : worked perfectly there.Now I just need to figure out how to keep my Ailerons from going nuts when I do my wingflex grrrrrr