Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Make Taxi Guidance System Visible In Mini Panel Mode?

I've now posted this over at the Panel Design forum and the PFE support forum but no one seems to know if this can be done, so I thought I'd take one last shot here in the greatest repository of simming knowledge in the world -- the AVSIM FS9 Support Forum! :( Does any one know if and how this can be done? >> I make my own custom minipanels using FSPanel Studio, but that's about the extent of my panel making capabilities. Can someone tell me how to code the panel.cfg so that an auto-hide gauge is visible even when I switch to the minipanel window view? I'm trying to adapt the Taxi Guidance System gauge in Pro Flight Emulator to stay on top whether I'm in the main panel window or the mini panel and if I just add it as I would any other gauge, I get an error when I load my plane that "FSUIPC is unable to open. It's already open" presumably because the gauge is trying to access FSUIPC twice -- once from it's own hidden window, and once from the minipanel window. I don't know if it's appropriate to post it due to it's length, so here are the salient parts of my current panel.cfg file:Thank you in advance![Window Titles]Window00=Panel principalWindow01=GPSWindow02=upper_panelWindow03=Mini PanelWindow04=GroundhandlingWindow05=PFE Taxi Guidance//--------------------------------------------------------[ack, 80,173,12,12//--------------------------------------------------------[Window03]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=1200,490window_size_ratio=1.000 position=1visible=1ident=MINIPANELrender_3d_window=1window_size= 1.000, 0.400window_pos= 0.000, 0.010gauge00=fpb737!ADI, 360,8,278,381gauge01=fpb737!ALT, 682,18,152,183gauge02=fpb737!VS, 682,208,152,183gauge03=fpb737!AP, 319,398,558,99//--------------------------------------------------------[Window05]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=200,128window_size_ratio=1.000 position=7visible=1ident=5000window_size= 0.195, 0.167window_pos= 0.002, 0.153gauge00=TGS!TaxiGuidanceSystem, 0,0,200,128,Autohide ON//--------------------------------------------------------

Guest lgvpilot1

Hey Chuck!!Can you assign a keystroke to the gauge?I dont have PFE though it is definetly high on the list!If you can assign a key (shift+4) for example does it appear then ?I know you can set a gauge to be visible at startup with Panel studio but it will not show in the default mini panelIm sure there is a way it can be done ,It just escapes me at the moment!!Im fairly sure ive done something similar by mistake with panel studio in the past , ie pressed the mini panel and seen extra gauges there,which would bring the thought "what the @#%$ is that doing there!!!!!Not a lot of help to you at the moment I know, I will see if i can make the same "mistake" again EDIT: I am presuming you did have the gauge installed in your mini panel before you posted the config and that was the root cause of your troublesMark