Sign in to follow this  
Guest SadisticRabbit

747 And Fsx Takeoff Problem

Guest SadisticRabbit

Hey Guys,Not long had the 747 from PMDG. I consider myself proficient at flying the FSX stock aircraft but this 747 addon is a different kettle of fish!! So, I've got my aircraft ready to take off, the FMC is programmed and Im sat on the active runway. FD and A/T is enabled. I advance throttles to 70-80% and hit TO/GO. I get to V2 and start my rotation. This is where I have a problem. The aircraft is pitching to 30degrees and then stalling. Pushing forwards on the yokes does nothing so I am assuming it's under some kind of AP control, even though the AP is not engaged. Of course the aircraft stalls and I fall from the sky. What am I doing wrong? I was wondering if it was a setting or something in the FMC that is making it pitch so high?Forgive me if this is a silly question.. still learning this bird!

It's at Vr when you should start your rotation, not at V2. V2 is a "safe climb speed".Anyway, I think that's not the problem. It sounds more as an excessive elevator trimming. Have you correctly set the FMC specified trim for your configuration?

It sounds more as an excessive elevator trimming. Have you correctly set the FMC specified trim for your configuration?
this can happen when you create a Default flight that loads when starting FSXwith a plane that has its Trim set (out of bounds)so check your default startup, set the Trim to 0 (or close to)then save this flight again (or create a fresh new one with all trims checked to be centered)and the next time you forget to check your trimyou won't be surprised with a badly behaving aircraft :(

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10