Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnk51

Slow Loading

Last week I had to get a new mother board. So I had to reinstall windows. So I had it done at a computer store. I had my old c: changed to e: and added a 160 gig sata II as the c: and had windows put there. My d: is a sata II 250 gig where I put fs9. It took about a week to get everything back to normal. At the time I had an amd 64 x2 3800. Everything loaded fine. The yesterday I put in a new amd 64 x2 6000 running at 3.1 ghz. But now loading fs takes forever. I can load other programs that are installed on the c: drive very fast. But fs and my silent hunter IV take forever to load. This didn't happen before I put in the new chip. Any ideas what could be causing the problem? I've defrag and everything. I guess I was expecting things to load alot faster. The game does run better once it's loaded. I have numerus addons ie level D, PSS, PMDG, FlyTampa, FSDreamteam, and so on. I can start windows explorer and go right to the d: drive and look at files with no problems. :( And one more thing is that there is a slight pause when atc or an ai plane talk. I didn't notice that before the new processor.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!