Sign in to follow this  
BillDickson

Ariane B737

Hi all Thinking about buying the Ariane 737 pack for FSX.Read alot of not so good comments regarding activation and support.Has anyone any current experiences with Ariane, is it still as bad as the reports suggest, or has it improved.I am asking for comments because it is such an expensive add on, albeit appears to be worth itI will apreciate any comments.Regards Bill

Guest GA888

Hi,I have Ariane B737-900 ER X2. I'm new on flight simulator and just started flying FSX since August. When I got my custom build computer I bought a lot of add ons including Level D 767, PMDG and Ariane and 'others' which some of them I regret after I bought them. IMHO it is a very good add on for FSX and I did not regret it. The aircraft itself is very detail and I enjoy flying with it. If you decided to buy, you should know that you have to send email to Ariane to request your activation key, it will takes time but I got mine within 24 hours (on working days off course). You also should know that the base pack gives you only original Boeing paint livery. If you'd like to have another livery you have to buy their upgrade pack which I already bought them too. Their forum also requires approval from the administrator when you registered, again, it will takes time to be able to get inside their forum. Their navigation data doesn't have update so you should consider this factor as well. They are trying to negotiate with NavData to provide them update for Arian customers but it's up to NavData not Ariane so there are no promises about this. Overall, I'd recommend it for you if you have the money also if you aren't patient people like me waiting for a good short-haul aircraft add-on for FSX because PMDG 737 NG for FSX won't be released in near future. So... it's up to you...Regards,Jendra

Hi all Thinking about buying the Ariane 737 pack for FSX.Read alot of not so good comments regarding activation and support.Has anyone any current experiences with Ariane, is it still as bad as the reports suggest, or has it improved.I am asking for comments because it is such an expensive add on, albeit appears to be worth itI will appreciate any comments.Regards Bill
I also have the Ariane 737 X2 and it's really very,very good.Ariane have had some criticism but it's all about piracy. They don't support piracy and that is why they have adopted their systems. It is the only 737NG available for FSX and it is used by real Boeing pilots for their training. The flight model simulates exactly how the 'NG' performs, to the last detail.The outside views are the most realistic I have seen and pictures that are available to view on their web site are not touched up in any way - that is how it really is.The sounds and the general feel to the aircraft are superb and if you really want to know how a real 737 feels, I totally recommend it.A word of warning though, back up your registration details so that they can be used again! Ariane charge for reactivation but, only if you have lost your details.

Dave Taylor gb.png