Sign in to follow this  
Guest ziporama

Forcing Fsx To Refresh

Guest ziporama

I have a question that is probably something simple, and send me back to the manual if I missed it!I have a networked configuration which works quite well. Yesterday, I've had a few hard gauge crashes in FSX that took the sim with it. I found that after restarting FSX, the other computer running ASA didn't seem to detect FSX had disconnected and continued normally with no messages (that I could see). In ASx, I would get a message in the log that it had lost its connection and reconnected. After a reconnect, the weather would be updated again in the sim over the network.I'm looking for the option or method to force a weather update in the sim if I have to reload a flight, whatever the reason. My current workaround is to simply close and restart ASA which works quite well, although it takes more time as it needs to reprocess all the information. Not a big issue as I've narrowed down the cause of the crash to a third party weather radar gauge and it's currently disabled.I tried the refresh button on the toolbar which re-downloads the METARs from the server, yet doesn't appear to update the sim. Regards,Etienne

Hi,Because of station data changes, if FSX shuts down first, you should shut down ASA and then restart ASA-FSX. That may be the cause of the problem.Thanks,