Sign in to follow this  

Asa And Saved Flights: How Does It Work?

No problem this time, but I simply wondered what ASA does when I load a flight that was saved in mid-air a few days ago. It seems the weather I get is the same I had as when I saved the flight. But... does that mean ASA won't be doing anything anymore for that flight? In other words: does ASA only do what it is supposed to do when you fly an uninterrupted flight? And how does ASA know it is a new flight and it SHOULD load new weather? Or should I never use ASA when I load an older flight? But... every default flight is in fact an older flight...Well, in short: how does ASA work with saved flights? Just curious. :(

Hi,Whenever you save a flight in FS, there is a weather file that is also saved for that flight. So when you restart that flight that weather file is loaded also. But when AS runs and processes it's first data it will submit that new data into FS.Thanks,

Okay, clear, thanks. When I load my default flight on the ground, it seems the ASA weather is loaded immediately, but when I load a flight in mid-air it seems the weather that was saved with it stays on longer. Is that right?BTW Does it make any difference if my default flight is made with or without ASA?

Hi,It just depends on how long it takes AS and FS to update.No, no difference there.Thanks,