Sign in to follow this  
Guest lilpianoman

Good Laptop For Fsx On High, W/good Frames

I can certainly recommend the Qosmio. I use an older model Qosmio (dual core, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 320 GB-7200 HDD, 9700M GTS+512MB VRAM) and plan to upgrade. Toshiba makes nice sturdy machines and I have not had any problems with them.

Guest djt01
Looking to buy a laptop around 2000 or below that will play FSX well on high......any specs i should look for, what graphics card?
I suggest you do some research and hit the laptop forums. You

Guest Cyberliner

Hi,I'm reading your thread with interest. I want to buy a laptop to run FSX or FS9 as a casual user. I'm not a "serial gamer" but I like to fly some times. I'm interessed in a Sony Vaio VGN-FW31ZJ wich looks good and seems to be a good compromise. CPU : Core2 T9550 2,6 => quite fastGPU : ATI HD3650 => Medium card (Mobile GPU comparison)LCD : 1920x1080 native resolutionDesign : Great looking :)So my questions are : 1/ Do you think FS9 will work fine in a native resolution? 2/ Do you thing FSX has a chance to start.Thanks a lot for your contributionF.

Guest Adev

I would like to add in as another Asus user :) . After a few years off the road, I finally made my way back into the world of flight simulaton - couldn't do it without my G50VT-X1. It's got a 9800GS (recorded as 9800GT in the system), and runs FSX pretty well. Medium settings, traffic around 40-45%, does well. It's only around heavy weather and big cities, the frame rates drop to the 8-15s. Nonetheless, it's a great laptop, and I would get the new Asus G50VT-X5. I got the X1, for a steal at $949 at Bestbuy, so I took a plunge on it. I've tried a few other games, and those haven't been let down as well. I would definitely recommend you to consider laptops from Asus.P.S On syntheic benchmarks such as 3dmark 06, I got a score fo 8848 (pretty decent for a 15.6" laptop). Also, if you would like to get the X1, it comes with a P8400 (clocks in at 2.26 Ghz, wprime 34 seconds). The X1's were almost all out, when I checked the bestbuy website, but you might want to give it a try. At $949, I think it is really a good deal. There's a review on it over at notebookreview.com. Good luck!