Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest dpiedrahita

Menu Access/task Switching Issue

Hi all-I am having trouble with my most recent FSX installation. If I access the menu(s) I have to task switch out to the desktop and back to the program, otherwise the program just freezes indefinitely. I'm also forced to ctrl-alt-del force quit the program. Any ideas?DP8800GTS 512mb 180.84 forcewareE6400@3.2, Gigabyte 965P-DS3, 4gb Corsair DDR2 800, 320gb WD

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi all-I am having trouble with my most recent FSX installation. If I access the menu(s) I have to task switch out to the desktop and back to the program, otherwise the program just freezes indefinitely. I'm also forced to ctrl-alt-del force quit the program. Any ideas?DP8800GTS 512mb 180.84 forcewareE6400@3.2, Gigabyte 965P-DS3, 4gb Corsair DDR2 800, 320gb WD
DP what version of FSX are you running? RTM, SP1 SP2 and/or Acceleration?Are you using the mouse to access the menus - if so try the keyboardTry to access the menus in "windowed mode" to see if that works.I always ran task manager alongside FSX when I had this problem and alt-tabbed to the task manager and used that to switch back to FSX and that worked - sometimes :( Mine was caused by a early 8 series card like yours - switching to an 8800GT (and possibly SP2) fixed the problem.RegardsPeterH