Sign in to follow this  
Guest coal

3ds Max8 And Vista

Guest coal

Happy new year everybody.Could anybody help me to configure 3ds Max8, under windows Vista, to work with FSX SDK tools?I have no problems using it with windows XP following SDK instructions, but cannot make it with Vista. Is there any special trick?Thanks,Daniel

There are a number of impediments as you probably noted , foremost among them is User Account Control and that should be off , ensure that the folder is under administrator mode, with read and write permissions, next is to keep the FSX SDK folder intact and not put multiple copies all over but leave it in the default install , then when selecting the folder in Max8 preferences to select a document inside the folder or add a / to the pathway , also important is using a . decimal separator not , and for cmd.exe to increase the buffer size available.Good luck with it Daniel , if there are continued problems take a look at this thread wherein i was having the same fun myself some time back getting set up on vista, getting Max9 up and running involves a few other steps as well http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Y...=1190145938/9#9

Guest coal

Thanks a lot Chuck. Reinstaling SDK and leaving it as default installation was solve the problem.