Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest venom25

Fs9 Questions

HELLO, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS A "GOOD" TUTORIAL SOURCE TO EXPLANE IN "DETAIL" SAVING PANELS IN MULTI MONITORS FSX AND FS9.I HAVE LISTED BELOW MY SIM SPECS AND QUESTIONS I HAVE REGARDING CONFIGURATIONS. :( ALIENWARE DESKTOP PC 1 AMD FX-57 DUAL CORE HSF CL-P0075 4 GIG'S DDR CORSAIR XTREAM MEM. 1 TERABYTE SEAGATE HD 1000 WATT PS MOTHER BOARD ASUS A8N-SLI N-FORCE 4SLI REV.2.MB 1X EVGA NVIDEA GTX 280 1 GIG. GDDR3 CARD FOR DRIVING MY DLP PROJECTOR (EXTERIOR GRAPHICS). 1X EVGA NVIDEA 9800 GTX+ SUPER CLOCKED CARD WITH A MATROX TRIPLE HEAD TO GO BOX FOR MY 3 20" LCD PANELS IN MY COCKPIT FOR MY INSTRUMENT DISPLAYS. The cockpit is fully functional with "go-flight" controls rotary-toggle-button switches that work inside fsx and fs9. Thrustmaster hotas and saitek peddals.I also use a "natural point" vector camera system to control all views "hands free". I would like to know if I could get your advice on a few subjects regarding my sim set up. I will happily pay a fee is needed. Question: I am having issues trying to save panel configurations on my 3 lcd panels when I set them up and save the flight in fsx and fs9. I configure and save in "windowed" mode! I don't know if this is the correct procedure? Question: what is the best way to mitigate "stutters" in my dlp projector display of the exterior graphics. This becomes an issue when I have several instrument panels configured on my 3 20" lcd cockpit panels. Question: In fs9 I have the same issue with saving panels as fsx, however one additional issue is my exterior views (dlp) in "windows" mode has very jagged edges as though I had no anti aliasing or anisotropic filtering on, when in fact I have it set at 16x's. Question: The "quality" of the graphics is what I really want to "boost", Is this achievable with the components of my system. IE: "smooth running" exterior views via my d.l.p projector ,while 5 to 8 instrument panel window's are stretched or sized across my 3 20" lcd cockpit panels.? This brings me to my next question, Do I have to run a "multiple pc" configuration to achieve the above, if so, do you give tutorials on how to do set up a system such as this; and "is" it that much "better", or do these systems have timing issues because of two pc's running the sim? Im sorry to be so "verbose" but I have been looking for a source that is "intimately knowledgeable" to discuss the aforementioned. I am a student pilot and also use my sim to hone my real world flying skills. kind regards VENOM

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HELLO, Question: The "quality" of the graphics is what I really want to "boost", Is this achievable with the components of my system. IE: "smooth running" exterior views via my d.l.p projector ,while 5 to 8 instrument panel window's are stretched or sized across my 3 20" lcd cockpit panels.?
Venom- I'm not qualified to answer most of your questions- although I will comment on your query re "quality of graphics- ie smooth running exterior views".After some 1/2 dozen years of playing with multi monitors , I have not the slightest doubt that the number one priority for realistic simming is a wide field of view. Each view in FS spans only 45