Sign in to follow this  
turtlepotato

Avsim Beta Library Error

APPROVALS: Before being open to the public for download, your file must be approved by one of the AVSIM LIBRARY ADMINS. If we release the public BETA of the File Library to a full production system, we may alter this by creating a

Currently, you don't have to be accepted the first time it's uploaded, only when a revision is made, and for proof of this, see the MMZP airport fix, look at the bottom, there's no "approved by", but if you go to my YCWL scenery, which I revised to include a screen, had to be approved before it could be made public.
Alex, actually that resulted from me not setting a switch correctly. When we "turned the library on" yesterday for public access, there were a couple of categories that we "auto approve" of which your first file was. When it magically appeared in the library without approval, that made me go look at the settings. It was subsequently turned on, and that is why your second file and the others all show "Approved by" at the bottom. So, not a system issue, but an operator moment of senility.
Other than that, I think you shoudl probably make the big "downloads" thing above the "My Controls" a different colour to show it is new and such, as it took me ten minutes to find the file library, I kept searching through the forum list for a link to the main page of downloads :( .
I agree with you; I just have to find the place where it gets it's formatting and change it. Another on my "to do" list.

Well, good to see that it was fixed now, and that the button will get a facelift :).I like the idea of a forum based download library, although it will take getting used to, and some time to transfer all the files on your alls part.Off to fixing microsoft's mistakes!