Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest SadisticRabbit

Fmc Missed Approach

Hi There,New to the PMDG aircraft, it's a very steep learning curve since I've only really flown the stock fsx aircraft. So, I now have the 747-400XSo I am doing a flight from EGCC to EGLL to test this bad boy out. FMC is all programmed and working, flight goes great. So I do it a few more times and decide to try a missed approach with TO/GO.Just short of the runway I hit to/go and she goes off again. Great. But.. being a novice at the FMC I'm not sure where to go from here. I ideally want to go around and do the approach again, but the FMC LEGS page just shows one entry called (Vectors). So I add a fix and select the runway on the apprivals page. I now have the runway setup again, all looks good.. except I can't get rid of the top entry which just says (Vectors).So how do I continue from here? I also tried redoing the route but that just gave me program errors and invalid entries. So, once you've done a missed approach and you on Vectors, how to you move the FMC on from this?Forgive me if this is a novice question, as I said, just getting started with this excellent aircraft.Cheers

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A very quick reply but... If setup correctly the FMC will have your missed approach procedure which will normaly end with a hold, you verify all this with charts and fly raw navigation in Rose mode if you have a failure.If you don't have a missed approach procedure punch the ILS freq into the NAVRAD page (LSK3L from memory) and just fly a normal pattern back to the ILS like a cessna and make sure you selected the correct missed approach alt in the MCP.Rob