Sign in to follow this  

Curious Question

I booted FS2002 this morning and got a message from ZoneAlarm that FS2002.exe wanted to access the Internet and did I wish to allow that. I do not recall seeing this in all of my years of simming and in several years use of ZoneAlarm. Anybody know any reason that FS2002.exe would need to access the internet?I did not allow it and everything seemed normal.Thanks,Ed Green, KCLThttp://www.panelshop.com/images/ELAL-350.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just checked my Zone Alarm and I have "Microsoft Flight Simulator module" under my allowed programs. I don't fly on line but do download real weather from time to time. Don't know why it would need to access the internet unless you were downloading real weather or trying to log in to an online multiplayer site. I've never heard of any modules or gauges that you may have installed trying to, or needing to, log on but it might be worth checking any recently downloaded FS addons. ?????/ Tony

I started FlightSim this morning and had the same experience, although I use Kerio's firewall instead of ZoneAlarm. I too denied access and saw no problems. I haven't ever downloaded realtime weather nor do I have FSMeteo installed. My connection is too slow to even dream of flying online. I've never been asked before to allow FS2K2 to access the internet. Could this have anything to do with the first boot after going on Daylight savings time? I did notice that running XP on all my machines I no longer got the message at first boot after changing to daylight savings time telling me so and asking me to check the time, or whatever it used to do.