Sign in to follow this  
Guest martis14

Issues With The Pmdg Md11

Guest martis14

Good evening,I am very happy with the PMDG's MD11 product for FSX. I bought it last sunday. I have an alienware Aurora 101B desktop and here are the system specs. I installed around 8 pmdg liveries for the MD11.Alienware Aurora 101B desktopAMD Phenom X4 Q9550 2.2 GHZ [quadcore processor]Dual ATI HD 4850 graphics card 1GB.HDD 500GB4.0 GB DDR2 RAMWindows Vista Home Premium 64bitDirect X 9.0CFSX Gold edition pack installed [ which comes with fsx deluxe and fsaccelerator which includes both Service packs for FSX]This whole week i flew the PMDG MD11 on the IVAO network and i have encountered some issues while flying the whole flight in the VCPanel. The first thing i noticed was some minor issues with the autopilot panel when changing headings, altitude, speed. When cyclying from different views i realised the digits that normally move on the PFD, NAV display[such as altitude, airspeed, distance to next waypoint] do not move anymore. The only way that i fixed it was cycling back into the 2dpanel and then again to the vcpanel.The next problem is the throttle feeling when on final approach. The throttles feel very heavy during short final which makes the landing a little bit challenging.[ if i compared to leveld 767 the throttles feeling is much more smoother]During a 2 hour flight online or more in the VCPANEL in window mode [not fullscreen], on the IVAO network on 2 seperate occasions, the FSX just closes while an error message appears to indicate ''a problem has occured and this program needs to be closed''.The next thing i did was trying to fly only via the 2dpanel. i made a short online flight on IVAO from TNCB[ Bonaire] to TNCA [Aruba] with the martinair cargo livery.When on short final i was just about 30ft agl with a sinkrate of only -200ft/min the plane all of a sudden plunges like a straight line [like u drop a small peace of rock onto the ground] eventhough i maintained a positive speed managent through out the final approach. I found this issue very awkard.These are all the issues i have encountered in just a week after the purchase. My question would be, where can the issue be located and what is causing all this? is it the Vista 64bit? or something else like the FSX software??I hope i can get a reply soon to my issue and if anyone has encountered the same issues please do not hesitate in sharing your comments.Thank you,Jamiletti Martis

FSX is the culprit for displays not updating after changing views. Happens in the 747x too; although, I have not found it to happen as often in my particular setup for the MD11 as the 747.Throttle "feel" on approach could be lots of things including calibration. I have flow a few manual approaches but I'd say 90% of the time I let the system land the aircraft. Can't help here. Hand flying an approach in the MD11 requires a different touch than conventional aircraft due to LSAS. I like it, it is very similar to CWS or fly-by-wire but it takes getting used to.Others with IVAO background/experience need to step in on the other issues. I have no idea what that is.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest martis14
FSX is the culprit for displays not updating after changing views. Happens in the 747x too; although, I have not found it to happen as often in my particular setup for the MD11 as the 747.Throttle "feel" on approach could be lots of things including calibration. I have flow a few manual approaches but I'd say 90% of the time I let the system land the aircraft. Can't help here. Hand flying an approach in the MD11 requires a different touch than conventional aircraft due to LSAS. I like it, it is very similar to CWS or fly-by-wire but it takes getting used to.Others with IVAO background/experience need to step in on the other issues. I have no idea what that is.
Good day Dan Downs,Thx for your reply :) I managed to contact the PMDG support and they told me if i have any ''antivirus programs enabled'' and i did when flying all these flights with the PMDG MD11. I think my next step would be to fly it without any firewall and antivirus just to see if it continues to close or if it remedies the situation. Lets just hope so.Regarding the Throttle feel, where can i calibrate it so it feels smooth? Because at times it feels very smooth, but whenever i fly online it feels very heavy all of a sudden, i had that same issue back in fs9 when flying the 737800 which at certain point u feel like the throttle feeling is heavy which makes the landing much more challenging.Indeed the MD11 is a very sofisticated trijet, it has been my favourite aircraft for a longtime, i just hope i can manage to fly it in the near future. I know PMDG has done a wonderful job with that model. I think many of us are grateful for that.Cheers,Jamil Martis

I am using NAV 2009, which is a major improvement and I have not noticed it being there.You can customize control response with registered copy of FSUIPC. Does a really good job.I am using a old MS joystick, nothing elegant about it and hand flown landings are a lot easier than the 747. Probably has a lot to do with individual preferences.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest martis14
I am using NAV 2009, which is a major improvement and I have not noticed it being there.You can customize control response with registered copy of FSUIPC. Does a really good job.I am using a old MS joystick, nothing elegant about it and hand flown landings are a lot easier than the 747. Probably has a lot to do with individual preferences.
Hey Dan thx for the info.Will try it out ;)