Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dr_Eggel

Weird Graphics Related Problem With Asa And Fs2004

Hi, I just purchased Active Sky Advance (upgrading from AS6.5) and have a pretty strange problem. At least I think so. I have never had it before and it only occurs when running FS2004 (with FSUICP 3.85) and ASA. I sometimes want to check that the weather data is loaded correctly when I go from one location to another using the "Go to Airport" menu. But when I Alt+Tab from FS2004 to ASA this happens:

• [*]The ASA user interface isn't loaded completely. Many of the buttons and graphics don't show. This happens both when ASA is minimized or in the system tray.[*]After a while the computer goes to some kind of horrendous VGA mode. I haven't been able to get a screen shot but it looks like 640x480 pixels in 16 colors

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, I just purchased Active Sky Advance (upgrading from AS6.5) and have a pretty strange problem. At least I think so. I have never had it before and it only occurs when running FS2004 (with FSUICP 3.85) and ASA. I sometimes want to check that the weather data is loaded correctly when I go from one location to another using the "Go to Airport" menu. But when I Alt+Tab from FS2004 to ASA this happens:
  • [*]The ASA user interface isn't loaded completely. Many of the buttons and graphics don't show. This happens both when ASA is minimized or in the system tray.[*]After a while the computer goes to some kind of horrendous VGA mode. I haven't been able to get a screen shot but it looks like 640x480 pixels in 16 colors

Nv4_disp.dll is associated with Nvidia graphics drivers, so maybe you should try an updated driver or recheck all your settings with your graphics. I'd boot into safe mode and use Driver Cleaner Pro to remove all Nvidia drivers, then reboot into normal mode and load a newer driver. Of course it could be something else, but you could at least try that. I haven't had any errors using Alt-Tab to see ASA from FS9 (MSFS 2004). My drivers were the newest as of a few days ago.
Chris,Thanks for your reply. I did try re-installing the drivers but that didn't do anything.I will now spend some time trying to Alt+Tab from different views (VC, spot, tower, ASA minimized, in the system tray etc.) and see if I can draw any conclusions from that. And to be honest, I'm not sure if the upgrade from AS6.5 to ASA was really that necessary