Sign in to follow this  

HELP TO ALTER FORWARD COCKPIT VIEW

Hello,Could some one help me on updating the panel cfg.file for some cockpit front views where view is too low in order to see properly runway.Instead of having to rise up my seat each time I fly, and at each change of view, could someone help me with altering the value of figures shown in front view panel config (view directions and settings)in order to make it higher.Hope you will get my english.Many thanks for your helpPatrick Geneva

It would help me a bit to know what aircraft you are trying to setup but I think I can still help you out. This is an example of PIC 767's Panel CFg file. No matter what aircraft you are trying to modify, you can use this type of setting to modify your forward view height. &L;Window Titles&R;Window00=Boeing 767 Upper PanelWindow01=Boeing 767 Main PanelWindow02=Boeing 767 Standby InstrumentsWindow03=Boeing 767 OverheadWindow04=Boeing 767 PedestalWindow05=Boeing 767 FMCWindow06=Boeing 767 Side auxillary PanelWindow07=boeing 767 Landing PanelWindow08=Pop-Up TCASWindow09=EADI PIC767 ZoomedWindow10=EHSI PIC767 ZoomedWindow11=Needed For VFR/LANDING panels to workFixed Window30=L2_windowFixed Window31=R3_windowFixed Window32=R2_windowFixed Window33=R1_windowFixed Window34=L3_windowFixed Window35=L1_windowFixed Window36=rear_view&L;VIEWS&R;VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=0,1,40,41,45,51,62,0,40,125,150,60VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.9VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=9.5, 0.0, 0.0Notice the listing of windows is first then followed by the &L;VIEWS SECTION&R;, this is where you need to add the highlighted part to your particular window entry, which I assume is the main forward view? Notice that this is set to 9.5, 0.0, 0.0, the higher the number (9.5}the lower the HORIZON appaers as when you hit SHIFT ENTER or lower the number (4.5) as SHIFT BACKSPACE. This should have the right effect you're trying to achieve here. Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith[h5]San Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Randy,Many thanks for your clear explanation . I aircraft I am working on is Fokker 70/100 of project fokker, a great aicraft to fly but front view is a bit too high.So, if I go your explanation right, first value in view direction is the one to change, up to 9,5 for lower horizon, down to 4,5 for higher horizon.Thanks again for your timePatrick Geneva