Sign in to follow this  
Guest iberia999

Pss A320 Help Me :(

Guest iberia999

Hi all,I have just purchased from Justflight the PSS A320. Things aren't working out well. After installing the PSS A320, I gained an FSUIPC.DLL error and this caused FS to crash. I then decided to get Dawson's new version for fs2004, and update the FSUIPC.DLL. Everything seemed fine.I have two big problems so far:-The artificial horizon of the PFD has a circular shape rather than a hexagonal (as shown in Justflight's screenshots)-There seems to be no database of the SIDs and STARsI have checked Justflight's website for some updates, and apparently there are no updates for the DOWNLOAD version. They only have updates for a BOXED version of the PSS A320, but because they don't sell it boxed anymore, I had to buy the DOWNLOAD version.Right now I think I need to update my product. I have contacted Justflight about this problem and they cannot help me much about it. I have tried contacting some of the PROJECT AIRBUS members, who used to work for PSS, but they never respond my messages :(I need some help because I have purchased and spend money on this, and I would really like to enjoy flying the AIRBUS A320 :(I badly want to fly this aircraft properly and I can't :oPlease help me and be kind to give me advice or a good solution :( Thanks,James

Hi all,I have just purchased from Justflight the PSS A320. Things aren't working out well. After installing the PSS A320, I gained an FSUIPC.DLL error and this caused FS to crash. I then decided to get Dawson's new version for fs2004, and update the FSUIPC.DLL. Everything seemed fine.I have two big problems so far:-The artificial horizon of the PFD has a circular shape rather than a hexagonal (as shown in Justflight's screenshots)-There seems to be no database of the SIDs and STARsI have checked Justflight's website for some updates, and apparently there are no updates for the DOWNLOAD version. They only have updates for a BOXED version of the PSS A320, but because they don't sell it boxed anymore, I had to buy the DOWNLOAD version.Right now I think I need to update my product. I have contacted Justflight about this problem and they cannot help me much about it. I have tried contacting some of the PROJECT AIRBUS members, who used to work for PSS, but they never respond my messages :(I need some help because I have purchased and spend money on this, and I would really like to enjoy flying the AIRBUS A320 :(I badly want to fly this aircraft properly and I can't :oPlease help me and be kind to give me advice or a good solution :( Thanks,James
The download version is the latest version available - that's why there are no updates. Does the PFD look as pictured in the accompanying manuals? It should look like a circle with flattened sides to allow for the speed and altitude tape presentations on the left and right - it is not a hexagon. SIDs and STARs are included in the database, although they date from 2006. If you need current then you need to go to NAVIGRAPH and buy the current DB.DJ

Guest iberia999

Hi,Thank you for replying. No, it does not have a circular shape with "cutt-off" sides. No, the artificial horizon in my PSS A320 is circular without cutoff sides but with an altimeter and speedometer. This is strange because they do not match the screenshots of the Justflight website. If you look there, the artificial horizon has a circular shape but WITH cutoff sides.I don't know if this is normal or not. :(

Hi,Thank you for replying. No, it does not have a circular shape with "cutt-off" sides. No, the artificial horizon in my PSS A320 is circular without cutoff sides but with an altimeter and speedometer. This is strange because they do not match the screenshots of the Justflight website. If you look there, the artificial horizon has a circular shape but WITH cutoff sides.I don't know if this is normal or not. :(
No, it certainly is not normal :( ! You should see a panel that looks just like the one in the manual. I'm at a bit of a loss because I've never encountered (or even heard of) a situation like you describe. Are you running XP with service packs (at least SP2 or SP3) or Vista? If XP make sure you are an Administrator. If you are running Vista make sure that you are running as the Administrator and make sure User Access Control is turned off. I would suggest that you uninstall the plane and do a complete re-installation. If you have an antivirus scanner, make sure that it is off when you do the re-install. Make sure you make a copy of your current version of FSUIPC, so that when the installer steps on it you can restore it. The good news is that when you get it all sorted out, you should be quite pleased with the plane - I got all the Buses from JustFlight and am very pleased with them. They're fun to fly and very reliable.DJ

Guest iberia999

Hi,Thank you :( , I will do that. Right now I am getting my computer fixed, but I will try to do all that you have explained.Also, one thing which I really find weird, the other day I tried setting up my SID in Barcelona El Prat LEBL/BCN Airport, and for some reason it seemes like there were no SIDs in the database of the FMC :( Kind regards,-JamesHi,No worries, I have found out I have update the database with navdata. I will do that.I have been told by a great friend that there is some way you can set up your SID and STAR WITHOUT selecting it from the FMC Database. I am not really sure, but I think it is a matter of plugging VOR or Navpoints related to the SID before inserting any other navigational points of the flight plan. Same for the STAR.Is this possible???Regards,-James

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.