Sign in to follow this  
Guest KSTLFF

Question On Load Manager

Guest KSTLFF

I understand the new fuel load concept from the PMDG menu on fs, but my question is this, when I load cargo, do I need to reset the airplane then go to the PMDG drop down menu and load fuel that way. Will my cargo weight be in the cfg file or can I just us the load manager and push save to file without going to aircraft menu and selecting the md11...make sence?Brett LucasP.S. So far Im more in favor of the FSX version, but it is nice to get the performance back with FS9. I guess its just gonna take some time to get used to the fs9 version....

In FS9 the fuel is saved for a new (create flight) session. If you load a saved flight, you need to use the pmdg menu or mcdu fs options menu.Okay, I reread the question. The load info is saved for the next flight so I assume the cfg file will have the new load in it when you do a reset flight. I have to try that myself, good question.EDIT: Yup, tested. Started with 300klbs and then set load manager to 400klbs and saved for next flight, did a flight reset (which re-initializes the simmulation) and INIT page 2 indicated the inceased weight.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest KSTLFF

Ok here is another wrinkle....When i start the sim I start in cold and dark, now if I click fly now, and start precedures and go to load manager and do that, then I have to go back to choose aircraft again and load manager does not hold. Now if I reset flight I get black screen....that has never happened before. I read your post and am confused on where you saw your wt. I saw the LW on the right side but was unable to load a weight to see if load manager would adjust. Clear as mud?? Either way, loading fuel isn't the problem, I think I got that figured out, its just the weight load that has got me scratching my head. Im thinking when I start my sim, go to load manager first, get that all set up, then press fly now, but it will never come in as cold and dark and when I go to cold and dark, then Im back to square one with the weight load..Weird. Let me know if you want me to do anything for you to help trouble shoot.Brett Lucas

I use load manager to write a load to cfg before starting FS9, or at least before loading a saved PMDG flight. Then when flight is selected and started you will have the loads in the airplane even if it is cold and dark.You can find ZFGW on the Weights screen (I forget exact title), press INIT then go to next page (PAGE key). Weights and Fuel on page 2 of INIT. I was watching the ZFW change when I used the load manager and then selected RESET FLIGHT (I've never had a black screen doing that, maybe that is a different problem).

Dan Downs KCRP