Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest JimBrown

Fast Reply

Hi,Another one for the to do list:Just thought I'd mention that the "Fast Reply" feature may not be implemented in all forums.At the moment, I am seeing it in the "Hardware, CPU..." forum, but not in the "MS FSX Forum". Apologies for not checking all the forums for its presence, but I figured you would have a better, perhaps quicker, way to check. :-)Regards,...jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Another one for the to do list:Just thought I'd mention that the "Fast Reply" feature may not be implemented in all forums.At the moment, I am seeing it in the "Hardware, CPU..." forum, but not in the "MS FSX Forum". Apologies for not checking all the forums for its presence, but I figured you would have a better, perhaps quicker, way to check. :-)Regards,...jim
Jim, thanks for pointing that out. That's a setting that we have not universally enabled, but will as we can get to them.

Thanks for looking into it.While I have your attention, do you still have my previous suggestion on your to do list? It was regarding the "Alt" tag for forum message thread list hyperlinks. At the moment, it shows the date the thread started. I'm hoping to see that changed to the first ten or twenty words of the first message in the thread. I've seen this on many other forums, and it is a great feature that helps to decide on whether to venture in to the topic or not, particularly of the thread title is a bit vague.If it's on the to do list, great. If not, any chance it can be added?Thanks,...jim

While I have your attention, do you still have my previous suggestion on your to do list? It was regarding the "Alt" tag for forum message thread list hyperlinks. At the moment, it shows the date the thread started. I'm hoping to see that changed to the first ten or twenty words of the first message in the thread. I've seen this on many other forums, and it is a great feature that helps to decide on whether to venture in to the topic or not, particularly of the thread title is a bit vague.
No can do Jim. We do not have a switch to enable that. I will continue to look into it, and we may try to mod it ourselves (frightening thought!!!), but for now, we'll have to work with what we have.

Thanks Tom,I do hope you can implement it, but also understand it's not a high priority.Before rolling your own, check around. I think there's a couple of mods for this out there already. Might be useful as a starting point.Oh, and I finally found out the proper term, it's a "mouse-over hover topic preview". :-)All the best,...jim