Sign in to follow this  
geoffco

Question For Dualhead2go Users...

Hi folks,I have two lovely LCD monitors both capable of running at 1920x1200 and I'm thinking of gatting a Matrox DualHead2Go (digital edition) device in order to run FS on them in fullscreen mode.Currently I use one as the PC monitor and the other as a TV but I want to use a SCART converter and a KVM switch (reserached and found these already) so as to be able to switch the 2nd monitor from showing half of the PC desktop to showing my TV or back again etc... The question is this; What will happen with the DH2G if one of the two monitors is, in effect, disconnected? Does this cause the DH2G to just revert to one screen, keep using both screens (but obviously you only see one of them) or does this cause problems/crashs/stupid resolutions?Cheers,GeoffPS. Probably not important but relevant spacs are: 2 x Hanns-G 28" through VGA connections, XP64 and GFX is 280 GTX.

Ok... so as well as asking here I also emailed Matrox support so in case anyone in the future want's the know the answer:"The DH2Go will continue to work if you disconnect a monitor. A signal is still being output to that monitor. So you would lose one half of the screen but you should be able to reconnect with no issues."Geoff